Monday, October 24, 2005

Blank Pages, Empty Sheets

Ever so fragile
Held together by a string
So fine the naked eye cannot see
In heart made of glass
Emotions are felt, raw and fierce
Realities are shattered
Everything crashing to the ground
The resounding thump heard far and wide
Piece by piece
I pick myself up
Attempting to put back together
All that I've known and
All that I've believed
And as time passes by
Truths are revealed
Testing my faith
Opening my eyes
Crushing my hopes
Leaving it all behind
Chapters are closing
Blank pages remain
Faith not yet renewed
Life will never be the same
I am tired of the lies and
Sick of the game
Decisions are being made
Reshaping my future
Remembering the past
The only thing left is
To find strength
In world that tried to destroy me
Forsaking my name
Ever so fragile
Thru anger and tears
I climb this mountain
Blinded by love and faith
That someday I may find
Peace and tranquility
That someday in the future
I will be safe
Love has been painted with lies
Born to me without grace
desperately needing
To close that door
Locking away forever
The deceitful smiles and all her lies
Throwing away that key
Stop filling my head with
Fairy tale stories
For it is a life that does not exist
In awe and fear
Tears running down my face
I barely hold this pen
Choices being made
Starring down at this blank page
About to write my new life
Where am I going?
Who will I see?
The past has been painful and full of lies
Will the future... set me free?