Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Birthday Poem for My Best Friend

Happy Birthday Janet!!!

A while ago
We met
But we did not see
Who we were
What was to be

On a day borne of hardship
An incredibly brilliant smile
No more to be hidden
Two worlds collided

Becoming you and me

A friendship forged in tears and laughter
A bond founded on respect
Unconditional acceptance
Enjoying life’s idiosyncrasies

That is you and me

The roads less traveled
Held together with hope and belief
Full of misadventures
Explored joyously

That is you and me

I do not question
How it all came to be
A friendship so faithful
Perhaps even make belief…

That is you and me

I thank my lucky stars
For the gift of you to me
You opened your heart and life
I am more than I ever hoped to be
Because of you and me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home